At Sunsel Systems, our skilled team provides world-class electronics manufacturing services (EMS) based out of our bright, state-of-the-art facility located in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. We are an ISO 9001:2008 certified company with the expertise to source materials, design, build, and test products to specifications. Recognized as a leader in the EMS industry, our diverse and skilled team proudly blends their expertise with cutting-edge automation to consistently deliver an excellent experience for our valued customers, around the globe. We offer fully automated Surface Mount Technology (SMT) and Thru-hole technology services to manufacture circuit boards with a focus on delivering a high quality product – every time.
In support of our commitment to provide an engaging and rewarding work experience for each and every member of our team, we are actively seeking an experienced HR Generalist to guide our HR efforts.
What We’re Seeking
This is a unique and exciting opportunity for a passionate HR professional who values diversity and thrives in a highly dynamic and entrepreneurial environment.
This newly created, hands-on HR role is an ideal opportunity for a skilled communicator with a solid HR foundation to make a lasting contribution in the following areas of our business: Culture & Employee Engagement; Recruitment, Retention and Succession Planning; Wellness, Health and Safety; HR Policies, Procedures and Best Practices; Individual and Team Growth Management; Training and Development; Compensation and Benefits; Internal Communications; and Employment Legislation and Regulatory Compliance.
What You Bring To The Team
• A minimum of 3 full years of experience in a dedicated, full-scope Human Resources role is required
• Post-Secondary education (degree or certificate) in Human Resources or related field
• Prior experience in a manufacturing environment would be considered a significant asset
• Positive, authentic, cross-culturally sensitive with the ability to thrive in a team environment
• Genuinely engaging approach with excellent written, oral, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Proven experience and knowledge of legislative compliance with respect to relevant employment, labour, and health & safety legislation
• Flexible and adaptable, with a sharp focus on meeting individual, team and company objectives
• Strong organizational skills, including effective prioritization and follow-up
• Demonstrated ability to make independent decisions, manage priorities, probe, analyze and problem-solve issues
• Proven ability to respond professionally to sensitive inquiries or complaints
• Experience leading respectful and effective conflict resolution
• CPHR designation would be an asset
• Technically capable with a solid grasp of MS Office and HR tools, such as LinkedIn and HRIS
Deadline for applications is Tuesday, January 30th 2018.